After your application is accepted by an institution and you have received certificate of eligibility (I-20 form), you can apply for
student visa. The student visas fall under nonimmigrant visa category. Please remember that acceptance by a
Pl read latest immigration rules and requirements from the http://www.unitedstatesvisas.gov/studying.htmlsite.
There are three types of student visas for study in the
Studies (F visa): For people who have been accepted into a program to study or conduct research at an accredited
2. Non-Academic or Vocational Studies (M Visa) : For people who have been accepted into a program to study or train at a non-academic
institution in the
3. Academic Studies as an Exchange Visitor (J Visas) : For people who have
been accepted into a program through a designated sponsoring organization to participate in an exchange visitor program in the
Basic requirements for student visa for the
· You should have a good academic background. You should be a bona fide student. When you apply for student visa, your educational background is checked thoroughly. If you are required to have an interview, be prepared to discuss the reasons you chose a particular university, your subject, and your career plans. Bring your transcripts, degree certificate, standardized test scores, and anything else that demonstrates your academic commitment.
· You should prove that you will be able to meet the expenses for studies. This is to make sure that you will not drop out of school or take a job illegally.
· You should be able to show strong ties to return to your home country after studies.
Go through the official website http://www.unitedstatesvisas.gov/studying.htmlto download forms, to find exact fee, the documents required. Here you will get detailed requirements for student visa for USA, details on types of student visa for USA. Also, we will suggest you to meet other students who applied for student visa for US and are studying in US.