TalentNet.Info is happy to announce 'Shri Gopal Sahu memorial scholarship' for Indian students.
These scholarships will be awarded for academic year 2008-09 to the students who are pursuing their bachelor or masters' degree.
You can WIN up to Rs 50,001 (Indian rupees Fifty Thousand and One only) of scholarships based on your merits.
One scholarship of Rs 5,001/- (Indian rupees five thousand and one only) is only for poor students from Chattisgarh, India.
Who should apply?
Following eligibility criteria applies:
- Any student who believes ‘Knowledge liberates human mind’ is invited to apply. These scholarships
are open for all Indian students.
- Applicant should have confirmed admission or should be a regular student for any bachelor / master's
degree program from any .
When to apply?
Application can be submitted from Sept 01st 2007 till Mar 10th 2008. But don’t wait till September. See guidelines on selection procedure.
How to apply?
Application can be submitted online or by regular mail. Pl visit again for details and to download forms. But before that make sure you have registered yourself to the 'TalentNet.Info' message board (or to the yahoo group) and start sharing your experience.
Selection procedure: A committee will look into profile of the applicants and their activities in the student forum. In general following broad guidelines will be used in selection:
· Academic background - 30 %. (You will need to provide supporting documents when asked for)
· Your activities in ‘TalentNet.Info’ - 50 %.
· It will depend on number of articles you published in ‘Articles by students' and how they are rated by other forum members and readers. (Higher rating will get you more marks. Thus you can increase your chances for scholarships, by writing more articles. Articles submitted must be your own. Any copying or unauthorized articles will be penalized by negative marking).
· Plus your active participation in ‘TalenNet.Info’ or in Yahoo group
· Extra curricular and social activities of the applicant - 10 %. This will include a ‘about myself’ essay that will not be published in this website.
· A telephonic conversation / video conferencing (only of top 100 candidates) – 10 %
Based on overall performance of the applicants, scholarships will be announced on Mar 30th 2008. There are many other scholarships and it is advisable to check your eligibility